For the readers a blog on communication skills which is essential in life today whether at home, with friends or in the workplace.
Communication skills are the capability to impart information to another both efficiently and effectively. For instance: business managers those who have good verbal and non – verbal communication skills are helpful in making easier the sharing of information between people within a company for the benefit commercially.
Effective communication is also a two- way communication.Effective communication is not only how you convey a message so that it is received and understood.
What are the barriers to effective interpersonal communication??
- Stress and out – of control emotion.
- The absence of focus-. You cannot communicate effectively when you’re multitasking. If you’re planning what you’re going to say next, daydreaming, checking text messages, or thinking about something else, it will happen that you will tend to miss nonverbal cues in the conversation. You need to stay focused on the moment-to-moment experience.
- Negative body language – For example, while talking to someone and you don’t like what is told to you, you should learn how to communicate in an effective manner without making the other person feel defensive.
Four skills to improve communication.
I would recommend four skills that will improve communication. They are:
- Become an occupied listener.
- Pay attention to signals that are non-verbal.
- Ensure about stress.
- State a fact confidently- Direct, assertive expression makes for clear communication and can help improve self-esteem and making decisions. Being assertive means expressing your thoughts, feelings, and needs in an open and honest way, while standing up for yourself and respecting others.
For effective communication in the workplace click on the link below.