In this blog I will discuss ways how to make the best use of time. In this day to day busy routine of life it is important to schedule your time properly.
What is scheduling?
Scheduling is the art of planning your activities so that you can achieve your goals and priorities in the time you have available. When scheduling is done it can be done in the various ways.
- Understand what you can realistically achieve with your time.Make sure you have enough time for essential tasks.
- Add contingency time for “the unexpected.
- Avoid taking on more than you can handle.
- Work steadily toward your personal and career goals.
- Have enough time for family and friends, exercise and hobbies.Achieve a good work-life balance.
How to schedule your time.
Set a regular time to do your scheduling – at the start of every week or month, for example.
There are a number of different tools to choose from. A simple and easy way to keep a schedule is to use a pen and paper, organizing your time using a weekly planner.
The most important thing when choosing your planner is that it lets you enter data easily, and allows you to view an appropriate span of time (day/week/month) in the level of detail that you need.
Once you have decided which tool you want to use, prepare your schedule in the following way:
- Identify Available Time.
- Schedule Essential Actions.
- Schedule Contingency Time.
- Analyze your Activities.